Monday, January 6, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Blog #2

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green was so easy to read and I could not put it down. I finished so quickly and was sad when it was over because I wanted it to keep going. However, the ending was very appropriate. The physical relationship between Augustus and Hazel had ended before the ending, but I believe that Hazel's attitude towards his death, showed that the spiritual relationship between them will never end. They were in love and not for long before Augustus passed away. Also, throughout the book, Hazel wanted to know how the book An Imperial Affliction ended because the main character had also suffered from cancer and died before the book was "finished." That came to an end because Augustus had wrote an ending for her just so that she could have answers. Once the plot twist happened,  the ending was kind of predictable because Augustus said that his cancer was terminal so I knew that he was going to die by the end of the book. However, I was wondering if Hazel was going to survive or if the end of the book was going to be here dying as well. But I liked how Hazel did not die during the book because it would have been very emotional and I think the ending would be a little awkward if it just ended mid sentence. But I think even before I knew Augustus' cancer was terminal, I knew that the ending of the book was going to be sad whether it was Augustus or Hazel passing away so that part of it was predictable. But I don't think that anything in the book related to the ending was not out of left field. It all made sense and related to other parts of the book well. I really respect John Green as a writer because he does an awesome job ending the book appropriately and doesn't do anything too crazy that would make the book or even the ending seem unrealistic. I really enjoyed this book, definitely in the top of the best books I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment